WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The Assistant Manager, Technical Services reports to the Managing Director and assists the technical team in areas concerning structural issues, new ship building projects, installation of new equipment on board, conversion projects and assessing damage structural and stability issues.
- Assistant Manager, Technical Services should understand the many aspects of ship design - function, appearance and, especially important at sea, safety.
- Activities include using complex mathematical and physical models to ensure that the ship's design is satisfactory technically and that it meets the safety rules and standards.
- Producing or preparing drawings related to structural modifications.
- Alterations or calculations and submit to relevant authorities (Class/Flag / Oil major) as and when required.
- Assistance. Assistant Manager, Technical Services provides technical assistance to superintendents in structural and stability issues.
- Consultancy. Typical activities include providing clients with engineering solutions, technical and commercial guidance, support and project management for concept design studies, new vessel constructions, refits, and conversions.
- Assistant Manager, Technical Services assists in evaluating the safety of ships and marine structures using Societies rules and those of intergovernmental organizations such as the IMO when new regulations come into force Typical activities will include the approving of aspects of design such as strength, stability, and safety.
- Marketing and sales. Activities include giving professional advice and technical support to customers of the maritime industry.
- Education: Degree in Naval Architecture
- Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in related field.