WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Procurement Analyst role supports the global scope of procurement activities undertaken for Sea Sourcing’s growing fleet of vessels. He/She will design analytical models for procurement and suppliers, to support Strategic Sourcing and Contracting activities and perform regular reporting to be used for active decision making.
- Extraction of data to build knowledge of say how to structure and populate a Total Cost model, including a baseline based on historical data.
- ABC supplier spend analytics and research of procurement patterns, ie. based on vessel type, unit office, etc, to find opportunities for improved supplier management and ensure optimal contracts.
- Research of market dynamics within the relevant procurement categories in support of the category managers.
- Interpretation of data, collaboration with internal stakeholders, and ensure thorough implementation of new contracts for use by the Purchasers of the Sea Sourcing partners.
- Supports sourcing and/or cost optimization projects through the strategic sourcing and project management processes by performing tasks such as demand mapping and advanced total cost analyses, to support negotiations and contracting.
- Development and maintenance of tools and dashboards related to contract and vendor management, purchasing support, spend management, contract compliance etc.,
- Monitor contract KPI performance; produce reporting material to track and benchmark purchases, cost reductions, and identify additional areas of opportunity.
- Support senior team members in monitoring contract status and provide early warning for potential contract expiries.
- Identify and socialise opportunities for improvements.
- Collaborates with Category Managers to understand drivers behind supply planning and distribution strategies for individual categories.
- Work with senior team members to implement strategies for management of supply risks (demand, supply, environmental and business continuity).
- Stay generally aware of major development in various categories and involve himself/herself in the work of colleagues by pro-actively offering support, guidance, and constructive feedback when relevant.
- Formal education within Business, Economics, Finance, Logistics, or related field. Fresh Graduate is also welcomed
- Experience working in a global corporation with stakeholders across multiple locations is a plus
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Experienced user of Microsoft 365 solutions, Proficiency in Power-BI is a plus
- Self starter with maturity to take ownership of assigned projects and tasks, and the energy, creativity, and confidence to drive an agenda of continuous development
- Demonstrates ability to intuitively structure data extracts from a range of sources and ability to extract high level key findings in analysis.
- Performs data analysis with very few errors and can independently review conclusions in search for irregularities.
- Will be able to perform well in a complex organization where agility is required to serve all stakeholders in line with their requirements and expectations.
- Fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proficient presentation skills,
- Experience from ship management related environments is considered a plus
- Some moderate international travel may be required.