WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Clarify the store purchase requests from the ships, get quotation, place purchase order for the stores and maintain all inventory files
- Clarify the spares parts purchase requests from the ships, get quotation, place purchase order for the spares parts and maintain all inventory files
- Record status of the delivery and follow up with each requisition till delivery. Pay special attention to delay and potential delivery consolidation to save cost
- Monitor the dates of the survey and arrange the class/statutory survey in conultation with Superintendent
- Arrange routine repairs / requisition for service engineer / technician as per vessel requests and pass major repair requisitions for Superintendent’s approval. Keep record of all accrued repair costs
- Handle letters / telexes/ faxes to and from vessels and other concerned parties regarding spares/ stores/ repairs/ surveys/ registration
- Maintain check list of periodic reporting due from vessel. Verify from ship file for overdue report – query vessels for abnormal delays
- Dispatch and follow up of documents relating to vessel’s specific requirement
- Maintain files for indents/quotation/invoices as per department policy
- Participate in tasks related to technical operating cost, including invoices review, classification, system input, recording keeping and overdue invoices follow-up
- Maintain up-to-date record and files for quick retrieval and reference
- Maintain central cost data for major stores, equipment, machinery, repair and dry-dock cost
- Tracking of Lub oil sample AnalysisTrack that Lub oil samples are landed by the vessel as per schedule. Follow up on the analysis report and send the report to the vessel. Keep the Superintendent informed if any of these conditions are not met.
- Degree in related discipline, with at least 2-5 years working experience in similar capacity.
- Good command of written & spoken English.
- Sound PC knowledge, experience in purchasing or related software is preferred.
- Immediate available is preferred