WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a vessel manager, you will assume full responsibility for safe operation of a Fleet of vessels assigned to you.
Besides day-to-day close monitoring of vessels, you will be required to supervise dry-dockings and repairs, carry out vessel inspections, conduct technical investigations, ensure certification and documentation of vessels under your charge are up to date and meet international safety standards.
You will also judiciously manage budgets allocated to vessels and produce regular reports.
- Ensure vessel compliance with company, SMS, international and local regulations.
- Vessel performance monitoring and technical guidance to vessel including monitoring and verification of PMS.
- Prepare operating expenses, budgets and organize supplies to vessel and ensure expenses are within approved budget as far as practicable.
- Arrange for surveys and repairs for vessels.
- Communicate with vessel for daily operations and handling and escalate any issue of concern to higher management.
- Monitor reports sent by vessel and submit reports to owners after verifications.
- Carry out vessel inspection and also follow up closely on audit reports.
- Chief Engineer COC
- You should be professionally sound, highly motivated & a good team player.
- Good leadership qualities & strong commitment to safety/compliance procedures are essentially needed in our organization.