WHAT YOU'LL DO
Anglo-Eastern offers the opportunity to join the Canadian team that directly manages Polar class vessels and supports all the fleet vessels calling to Canadian ports. The incumbent will be working directly with ship owners and charterers, with seafarers onboard vessels as well as with stakeholders and regulatory bodies of the Maritime industry in Canada and abroad.
The position will have two main functions:
- To monitor and provide guidance/information on Polar operations as well as becoming a reference within the Anglo-Eastern Group and the industry on Polar operations, ice navigation, codes & regulations and industry trends.
- To monitor and provide guidance/information for managing the operations, including insurance matters of vessels calling to Canada and the Great Lakes / St. Lawrence Seaway area.
The person in this position will also be responsible for all QHSE matters for the Canada Office and support Anglo-Eastern Cruise Management in Miami as required.
The position will also cumulate the following roles for the Canada Office:
- EMS Management Representative (EMR)
- OH&S Management Representative (OH&S MR)
- Alternate Company Security Officer
The ideal candidate will be a resourceful person, as self-starter who is just as comfortable working autonomously as within a team. This candidate should be corporate culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the Office and offering up new ideas and programs. This candidate should also display excellent communication skills and boardroom presence to well connect with all stakeholders.
- Master Mariner certificate
- Background in Polar shipping or relevant experience in ice navigation or knowledge an asset
- Fluent in spoken and written English, French an asset
- Minimum 5 years of sea-going experience in the rank of Chief Officer plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience as Master in command
- Polar sailing experience in the rank of Master, with part of the experience being in the winter months
- Knowledge of the Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Seaway
- Abilities in computer literacy, intermediate level with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Professional discretion, sense of urgency, accuracy
- Well-developed time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Specific Business Knowledge
- Knowledge of Anglo-Eastern procedures and business processes an asset
Who You'll Work With
General Manager – Canada